Okaukuejo Campsite | Etosha South
Okaukuejo is located 17 km from the southern entrance of the park, Anderson Gate. Okaukuejo is the oldest tourist camp in Etosha and it also functions as the administrative centre of the park. Okaukuejo is also home to the Etosha Ecological Institute. It is situated at the western end of the Etosha Pan. Facilities include a restaurant, bar, shop, swimming pool, kiosk and camp sites.
The main attraction of this camp is that it overlooks a permanent waterhole which is floodlit at night. Here a wide diversity of wildlife congregate and interact from lion to rhino to elephant and antelope. The spectacle starts at dawn, with animals coming in large numbers to quench their thirst. The activity continues throughout the day until late at night. In the early evenings, it is not uncommon to have black rhino, elephant and lion all drinking at the same time.
Bed & Breakfast
Namutoni Camp | Etosha East
Located in the eastern part of Etosha National Park, Namutoni Camp is built into an old German fort and features an elevated view of the King Nehale Waterhole. The camp is in close proximity to Fisher’s Pan, making it a hotspot for birders. Fort Namutoni was declared a national monument in 1950 and was opened to tourism in 1957.
The camp features spacious and comfortable chalets with en-suite bathrooms. There are 2 restaurants at the camp, African Fusion and The Steakhouse. Other camp facilities include a bar, a shop, a petrol station, and a swimming pool.